The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) was established in the year 2004 with an undergraduate program in Biotechnology on the recommendation of Directorate of Technical Education (C.G.). Our vision has been to impart quality education for budding biotechnology professionals and also provide strong interdisciplinary research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. Apart from providing in-depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects the students are provided with additional training in soft skills; opportunities are given to explore extra-curricular activities for holistic development and enriching experience. Interdisciplinary research areas are bioprocess technology, environmental biotechnology, nanotechnology, microbial technology, bioinformatics, genetic engineering; etc. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and have been demonstrated in the field of patenting and innovation, resulting in increased knowledge generation through life science research and application of techniques of biotechnology.
The core biotechnological companies providing placements on a mass scale every session are:-
To be among the best programs in Biotechnology, generating Bio engineers, along with Technologists with proper attitude, skills, knowledge, ethics and to become a renowned center for the genesis of creative ideas and solutions.MISSION
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
3.Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. To make our students competent in the field of Biotechnology and it’s allied areas.
2. To inculcate the capability to work as entrepreneurs and techno-managers with strong ethics and communication skills
3. To equip the students to pursue higher education and research in reputed institutes at national and international level.
4. To develop a working knowledge of Biotechnology product and process.
PEO1: Graduates will learn and apply knowledge of Biotechnology, Science and Engineering concepts to solve problems related to field of Biotechnology.
PEO2: Graduates will be able to design and innovate solution to Biotechnological problems by applying appropriate tools while keeping in mind safety and ethical factor for environmental & society.
PEO3: Graduates will be able design, perform experiments, analyze and interpret data for investigating complex problems in biotechnology Engineering and related fields.
PEO4: Graduates will be able to undertake any responsibility as an individual and as a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
PEO5: Graduates will have thorough knowledge in Biotechnology Engineering and will also be ready to engage themselves in lifelong learning.
Biotechnology is a great course in which students can invest in wherein they aspire for a great exposure to the real world of science. I am extremely satisfied during perusal of my Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology from Raipur Institute of Technology, Raipur. It provides you a good platform wherein you can look to start a career right out of college. The opportunities to grow personally, professionally and to widen our network are abundant. I would highly recommend this program for students who want to have a real feel of the job market while still being a student.
Studying from Raipur Institute of Technology, Raipur has given me exactly what I wanted - a firm technical/scientific background and a greater awareness of the ethical, social and political issues surrounding the field of Biotechnology. I am extremely thankful to my mentors for always guiding me throughout my journey of Engineering. RIT has shaped me into a better person and has provided a well-rounded education. If you're looking for a program that will give you the tools and experience for contributing in human welfare then, RIT, Raipur Chhattisgarh is undoubtedly the best choice for it.