Chhatauna, Mandir Hasaud,
Sector 1, Chhatouna,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492001
(+91) 93297 73028,
(+91) 93297 73026
About the Department
It was established in the academic year 2000-01 with an intake of 60. The faculty members of the department have global experience and training. Department has well-equipped labs with the latest configuration & software.
Scope of the Branch
IT sector is so well evolved that it is, directly and indirectly, influencing the working of various other sectors and industries. IT sector acts as a supporting figure for various sectors such as healthcare, aviation, education, the manufacturing sector, the telecommunications sector, various Government initiatives, and Departments etc.
Graduates may take up following job posts in the above-mentioned sectors-
The Department of Information Technology seeks to become a Center of Excellence for quality technical education by keeping pace with new technologies to create competent professionals.MISSION
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
3.Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO1:Ability to apply various techniques of conventional and modern techniques being used in industries for productivity improvement for Manufacturing and Service organizations.
PSO2: Ability to design, implement and evaluate a logical based algorithms and implementation of software for networking areas.
PSO3: To provide new ideas and innovations to solve the research gaps with the aid of critical thinking.
The graduates of the programme are able to:
PEO1: Apply the knowledge of mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and theoretical engineering fundamentals to identify and solve IT engineering problems.
PEO2: Use various software & hardware tools and technologies to solve problems related to industries and engineering aspects.
PEO3: Work with ethical & moral values and use of research map in IT sector with Pursuing the higher studies and develop their career in software skills.